Friday

Eutropius - Latin Audio paraphrase

Today I completed the recording of chapter 7 of John Stirling's Latin paraphrase of Eutropius.
After working with, and recording a few paraphrases, I am increasingly convinced of their utility as a gateway to fluency - a half way house between student level 'Readers' and the unadulterated classics. This is particularly the case with prose paraphrases of Latin poetry.

A typical chapter of Eutropius takes me about 2 1/2 hours to prepare: firstly, there is the initial silent read through, then the recording. Then, I listen to the recording, and fix any minor errors I come across. Finally I edit the audio to eliminate background noise, and apply a small amount of reverb, edit the metadata, and upload the file to Patreon for your enjoyment.
https://www.patreon.com/latinum

No comments:

Post a Comment